Tuesday, January 24, 2012

How We Know Each Other: Ashley, Jennifer, and Angela

Inspired by Meghan, I've decided to share how I am friends with Angela and Jennifer.  First of all, I love the fact that because of Meghan, not ALL of my friends are current or previous co-workers.  It makes me feel a little more social even though the people in high school, much like work, are those that you have to be around.  I'm glad I was able to find friends in both places that made it a little more tolerable.

I became friends with Jennifer first.  She started working with me soon after I had my first son, so I'd say it's been over 6 years that we've been friends.  In between providing stellar customer service, we've been through buying houses, Jennifer's engagement and wedding, and three more babies between us since then. We get along so well because we balance each other out (my best example is that I'm kind of loud and she's kind of not loud).  She is fantastic to be around, which is one of the main reasons why we are still friends even though I'm STILL at the same job and she's since moved on (twice!) to different positions.   People at my job come and go all the time but there are precious few that I choose to make an effort to keep in contact with.

My friendship with Angela also started at work.  We've technically worked together for 7 years but didn't make a mark on each other's radar until about two years ago.  Then, it was like "Where have you been forever?"  I think of Angela as my Mommy Mentor because she knows everything about everything.  She helps everyone with everything and doesn't know how to sit down and relax.  She can handle a ridiculous amount of children at one time and she is a bit of a baby whisperer.  She has the patience of a saint and I marvel at everything she does in a day.   We now plan our children's birthday parties around each other and are comfortable with each other's children and houses that it's almost like dealing with our own children at our own house.  Our families get along so all of us (11 in total) can get together and have fun. When one of us throws a party, both of us throw a party.  She's a great sounding board especially since the solutions to my problems are typically "Duh, Ashley" answers.  She's my voice of reason and I'm the devil on her shoulder FORCING her to do things for herself every now and then.  I even yell at her husband for her and she does the same for me.

I'm so thankful not only that I have the best friends a girl could ask for, but that they all get along with each other too.  I can't wait for our friendships to strengthen and grow through craftiness.

-Ashley

No comments:

Post a Comment