Wednesday, February 15, 2012

How We Know Each Other: Meghan & Angela

After reading Ashley's post I really felt like the "third wheel" of the group, since I don't work at Country!  Although, to be fair, I DID spend 18 months at State Farm, so I do have corporate/insurance experience.  Either way, I'm glad they included me in the craft group, and my circle of friends continues to expand.

I never dreamed when Angela and I met that our friendship and relationship would become what it is today.  We met two years ago at Fox Creek because I was her daughter's first grade teacher!  Honestly, I have never become such good friends with a parent before :) 
I taught sweet miss Ana and was always so impressed with Angela's parenting skills.  (Seriously, she came to parent-teacher conferences with 4 or 5 kiddos in tow and you never would have known they were in the room....her kids are SO well behaved!!)
Somehow or another in the past year or so we discovered that we had a mutual friend in Ashley, which strengthened our bond a bit.  It wasn't until August, though, that we really took things to the "next level".  Brad and I found ourselves frantically looking for a sitter about two weeks before school started.  We interviewed with her and were sold immediately.  She has been watching our baby for us while we work and I constantly say that anything good that Carley does she learned at Angela's house.  She's SUCH a great mom and so good with kids that I wish I knew her secrets!  We are so thankful to have Carley in such a good, loving environment every day and Carley has such great little friends in Angela's kiddos.  Since Angela takes care of my only baby every day I think it's safe to say our friendship is on a whole new level.  I'm so glad we are able to spend time outside of school/daycare situations to take day trips to Chicago, or spend late nights together being crafty.  I'm happy that working at Country wasn't a prerequisite for Laughs and Crafts!!

No comments:

Post a Comment